Saturday 1 August 2015

Zone Conference

From President Spendlove:
     Had wonderful zone conferences this week. Tuesday with the Bountiful and Cannon zones; Wednesday with the Farmington zone and Thursday with the Salt Lake and Rose Park zones.
The Spirit was strong and sweet as we counseled together about the doctrine of Christ, consecration and working with stake and ward leaders. We had visitors come -- recent converts or recently returned members -- who bore sweet testimonies of how the doctrine of Christ -- faith, repentance, baptism, the gift of the Holy Ghost and striving to endure to the end -- has changed their lives.
Our conversation on consecration brought a very strong spirit each day with the ultimately invitation being as you partake of the sacrament each Sunday and take the Lord's all in the flesh and blood emblems of the bread and the water that they put something else on the altar in return. Such a sweet conversation.
      We're also grateful for Bishop Little of the Capitol Hill YSA ward for his inspired counsel on effectively working with stake and ward leaders.
      Finally, many of you may not know but I slipped and fell in the mission home on July 16th and broke my leg. For 11 days I was unable to walk without crutches or sleep because of the pain. Monday morning I could not walk and had not slept well the night before. I was very, very concerned about our ability to have zone conferences and I had already put them off a week because of my injury.
      I had had x-rays and an MRI to see what needed to be done and Monday morning I had a follow-up appointment to see if surgery would be needed. Gratefully surgery is not needed and the doctor put me on a steroid to reduce the inflammation and swelling that was causing so much pain. Twenty-four hours later I walked into the first of the three zone conferences almost pain free! Truly a miracle.
      I know our missionaries were praying for me and I had received a priesthood blessing from my counselors. The power of prayer, the priesthood, a good doctor and the appropriate medicine all come together this week to allow us to have these spirit-filled meetings!
      So here's the Great Utah Salt Lake City mission by zone! I'm proud to call these my missionaries!

                      Derek is third from left! Elder Colton Steed, back row 2nd from right

No comments:

Post a Comment