Monday 24 August 2015

Transferred - still ZL

      Hey everyone!
      I found out a few days ago that I am indeed leaving Rose Park. I'm still going to be a Zone Leader, but I'm going to the Cannon Stake with Elder Martinez! I'm still in the Spanish program too so that's awesome! 
      It's going to be a great transfer, I'm so excited to go back to Glendale. I served for 6 weeks down there in the Pioneer Stake and now I'm one stake farther South, which is the Cannon Stake. Yeah I'll be living in the same apartments I lived in when I served there before, so it's on the corner of 900 W and 700 S, Salt Lake City. 
      I've been saying goodbye to some of the people I've gotten really close to during my time here in the Riverside Stake. I'll attach some pictures and I'll send some more pictures later because I'm going to visit some of them today. It's been a pleasure serving here in the North Star Ward, I've loved my time here and the members here. 
       The one pic is with the Garcia family! They're all recent converts and I baptized Daniela (the oldest daughter) back in June!
        2nd pic is with the 1st counselor in our Elders Quorum Presidency, Hervey Douglas! He's a great guy and would always update me on my sports!
 

 
         The Rose Park Zone is doing great and I'm sad to leave but the Cannon Zone is going to be really cool! We have some great Elders in our Zone and I'm excited to see how things play out!
We have a baptism this Saturday for a lady named Maria Zabala, so I'll be returning for that because she asked me to baptize her! SO I will still get to see lots of the members in the ward. Elder Jimenez is serving with one of my old companions, Elder Berrios! I was in Bountiful with him and I'm so happy that Elder Jimenez is getting a great companion!
           I love you all, thanks for everything! I heard that Great Grandma Strate's funeral went well! That's good to hear, I'm sorry I missed it but I'm sure Grandma understands! I'm sure her and Grandpa are having a great reunion together and that brings me great joy. I'm so grateful for the Plan of Salvation, it provides us with the knowledge that families can be together forever. I love that doctrine, and I want to share it with all the world!
       Also got to burn a shirt, here are some pictures. The other missionary is Elder Kirkham, he and I have the exact some starting dates and release dates for our missions so we burnt our shirts together marking one year done!
 

     Also, in this stake I'm leaving is a Samoan Ward. I have met the Billmans. They have been called a on missions to work with this ward. They are from Sandy Utah. Brother Billman was the WML when dad served in Sandy! Pretty cool eh? Stake Missionaries working with father and then the son 23 years later.

 

                       Love,
                            Elder Strate


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment