Monday 6 July 2015

One shoe Elder

 
      Hey everyone!
       I had a very interesting week. First off we had a crazy Canada Day! CANADA is the BEST! I made sure to wear my Canadian tie that day, it was awesome haha. 
      I also went to the doctor for an ingrown toenail that day. I had it for about 3 weeks but it was never bothering me very much. I was also battling it with my mobile pharmacy that my Mom gave me, also known as a first aid kit haha. I did pretty good against it, but I didn't have any cotton balls to put underneath the nail and completely fix the problem. Apparently they are found in the women's
cosmetic section. The doctors told me that but I didn't know that before. Now I will know that for future reference. So we get to the doctors and they told me it was pretty bad, so I had surgery on the
spot. It was fine, they froze up my toe so it didn't hurt, but it did feel pretty weird. The doctor said it was one of the worst ones he had seen for a while. He cut out like 1/3 of my toenail, it was in there
very deep. It was nasty, Elder Strother (my companion) was super grossed out haha. We finished the doctors appointment and afterwards I went to put my shoe on and the doctor was like, "What are you doing? You can't wear a shoe it's not wide enough." 
     That day I rode my bike around prosecuting with only a sock on my right foot lol. So long story short, I haven't worn a shoe on my right foot for almost a week now. I've been wearing a loose sock for protection and a flip flop. I'm doing fine now, I have very little pain in my toe and because I had a minor surgery we got our van back! Yep we have retained the mini van! That was one of my favorite parts of this week, and it was perfect timing because we will have it until Elder Strother finishes
his mission (which is in 1 week)! Haha so yeah I've had a very interesting week proselyting with only 1 shoe on. People are always giving me weird looks and stuff, so I started telling people that
someone stole my right shoe, but only the right one. I don't know what someone would do with only 1 shoe, but oh well haha just kidding.
      We also had July 4th and that was pretty fun too! We got fed like 6 times that day! We would walk around and everyone would invite us in for burgers or some kind of food, it was so awesome! We had to be in our apartments at 6pm that night, but we still got to see some fireworks from outside our house.
     This upcoming week is Elder Strother's last week as a missionary, so we are going to work extra extra hard this week. We have set some great goals for this area and he wants to finish strong. We are going to work as hard as we can this week, so hopefully by next week we will have some people on date for baptism!
     Love you all and have a great week!
      Love,
          Elder Strate
 
       Here's a pic from district meeting this last week. Elder Strother got spoiled because he is going home.
 
 
 
        Here's Joe Ross. He is a Ward Mission Leader in a english ward around here and he is always helping us out! He cooked for us on July 4th, we had a nice BBQ with him.
 
         Elder Hendrick at district meeting gave his training while wearing a Pikachu onesie!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment