Monday 20 July 2015

New Comp

Hey everyone!
     My new companion is Elder Jimenez! He's from the Dominican Republic and he is awesome! He did the same thing that I did at the start of my mission, he had problems with his visa and residency so he has already been on his mission for 14 months! 
     He is a Zone Leader with me now and it's been awesome! We've been working hard and yesterday we put someone on date for baptism, his name is Juan Carlos and he's doing great! We're going to keep working with him to make sure he is prepared to be baptized.
      Elder Jimenez was serving in the D.R. for 14 months so he is a very experienced missionary. I have learned a lot from him already. He also doesn't know English so I've been teaching him English which has been helping me a lot with my Spanish. We've mostly been speaking Spanish because I have to train him on how to use I-Pads and such, so it's been great! My Spanish has been improving a lot but it's been such a blessing for me to help Elder Jimenez establish a foundation for his English. We're doing great together! Picture of us is attached below.
 
 
     The Zone has been doing awesome! Last Friday we felt like we needed to give some trainings just to pump up the missionaries in our zone. We had some great missionaries give some great trainings about staying diligent and obedient in this work. It was a great experience. We have been seeing results since then too! Since Friday our zone has put 5 people on date for baptism! That's only 3 days! Freak yes!!! It's been such a blessing to serve here.
     As for Dawson, that is pretty cool actually that we both have companions with the same last name right now.
     I love my mission and I love the Lord!
         Love,
             Elder Strate

No comments:

Post a Comment