Monday 25 May 2015

Update


     Hey Everyone!
     
     This week was great! We have still be teaching lots of people and trying to help them access the power of the atonement. Preach My Gospel says that the most important thing we can teach people during their conversion is the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Why? It's because that's the process people need in their lives in order to change. The word change is synonymous with the word repentance, that essentially is what repentance is. When people act on faith, repent, are baptized by proper authority, receive the constant companionship of the Holy Ghost, and faithfully endure to the end, they can constantly have access to the enabling power of the atonement. It all relates back to the fact that God loves us, and he wants us to change and become like his son Jesus Christ. 
     We have been focusing on this concept with all of our investigators. Doing this will help them receive a desire to change, and be baptized, and eventually enter into the temple. 
     I love serving here it is the best. I won't be driving the mini van much longer though! They are pulling a lot of cars out of our mission because the general authorities have ordered it. They have noticed that in Utah missions areas are more successful without cars. There will only be 23 cars left in our mission by next week, and trust me, that means they are pulling a ton of cars. The only areas that will have cars are some of the bigger areas in our mission (like YSA areas and bigger Spanish/Tongan areas). Things have been changing a lot here lately, but once everything settles down a bit the work will go on as always. Honestly, Elder Strother and I don't really need a car for proselyting purposes anyways, we have a pretty small area.
     I heard that LeBron torched the Hawks last night! Wow, so LeBron is just carrying the team all by himself right now. I'm assuming the Warriors are going to win the West tonight? I still think Cleveland can take them though, GS has nobody that can guard LeBron James. JR Smith and Kyrie can guard Klay Thompson and Steph Curry, but who is going to stop LeBron? Iguodala is out of his prime and Harrison Barnes is too small. Haha good luck GS, the only way GS will win that series is if their bigs outplay the Cavs bigs.
     Freak I miss playoff ball so much hahaha but it's good to hear that LeBron is still playing awesome. He will let everyone know in the finals who should've won the MVP this year 
     I love all of you and thank you so much for your love and prayers. I truly can feel them everyday and I'm so grateful for the miracles and blessings I see everyday. I can testify that Christ lives and he loves us with a never ending love.
     Love,
     Elder Strate

No comments:

Post a Comment