Monday 18 May 2015

To the temple


Hey everyone!                                                                                                             May 18, 2015
            Last Saturday I went to the Bountiful Temple and went through in Spanish. I got to go because a lady that Elder Firpo and I reactivated in Bountiful went and got her endowment! It was such a blessing to be there! I love the temple, and it's such a blessing in this mission to have the chance to go to the temple with recent converts and reactivated members. 


     Her name is Anahis Guevara. She is the Mom of the Venezuelan kids we baptized back in February.
     I can't want till some of the recent converts I've had on my mission can go through the temple and receive the same blessings that we receive. That's building up the kingdom of God on earth, getting people to the temple. When we do that, they can produce more fruit with their testimonies and conversion which creates a never ending growth to the Restored Church of Jesus Christ! I loved it, it was such an amazing experience.
            I love it here in Rose Park. The North Star Ward is awesome and the members are great! We have been getting more members out with us for lessons lately, which is great! When the members are involved in the work it takes a heavy load off of our shoulders. Extra witnesses always help, but more importantly our investigators can make a true friend.
            Christ said this in John 15:15-16 
15 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you 
friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.
 16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.
Christ has not just assigned us as missionaries and as members of the church to be his servants, but also to be his friend. That is why we must continually pray and read the scriptures so we can strengthen our friendship with Christ. When we bring fellowship to our investigators they feel that same bond, therefore making their relationship with Christ stronger. If we do that, the fruit will remain. 
            Elder Strother and I had a great week, it was full of miracles and blessings. We got a referral yesterday and his name is Ever Campos, and he is supposed to be solid according to the source so we will contact him today and see what is up. We have been teaching some Part Member families and also a new investigator family, the Luna Family. They are amazing, and we should see them get baptized either at the end of this month of the start of next month. Using the I-Pads has been such a blessing in my life so far, technology is a great gift that God has given us and if we use it the way he wants us to, the work will definitely hasten. It's been cool getting to use a touch screen again too, I haven't used one of those for a while- Haha. Have a great week and keep fulfilling your calling and covenants. I know when we live our covenants and fulfill our duties the Lord will influence our lives.
            Love,
                        Elder Strate

No comments:

Post a Comment