Monday 15 September 2014

Letter #5

Hello everyone!
    The computer this morning is not cooperating with me, so I can't send any pictures this week, but I will make sure to send lots of pictures next week!
    I've had a great week so far, Elder Smith and I picked up a new companion on Wednesday so I'm in a 3 leg until I go to the MTC. His name is Elder Cervantes, he's from Costa Rica. When he arrived here it was the first time he'd ever seen snow or touched it in his life, he said it was so cool to experience snow. He didn't know what it would be like because he's only seen it on TV, movies, and in his fridge haha. We made some snowballs and bombarded Elder Smith with them, Elder Cervantes loves the feeling of hitting someone with a snowball, but he isn't a big fan of being a target himself. He's a super cool guy and a convert to the church, he was baptized at the age of 21 and he is now 24 and serving a mission! I'm so young here, all the missionaries are like 20-22 by now and it makes me feel so young, but that's better than feeling old like them. The apartment is a bit tighter now with 3 people, but I leave in 9 days so that won't be a problem for very long.
    We have an investigator named Michael on date for baptism this upcoming Saturday, September 20th. His name is Michael and he has been investigating the church for awhile, but he was very hesitant about being baptized. He missed church for a while and I just met him a week ago, but now he's really solid and he's been reading his scriptures and praying everyday. We are very excited for him. I'm so excited, I hope he is worthy and is able to be baptized this Saturday, then I can go to the MTC with one more baptism than anyone else.
    Also during transfers, Elder Rylan Quinton from Cardston got transferred to the Chestermere ward, which means he's in my zone! I see him all the time now and it's really fun to hang out with him, he's such a nice kid. The Chestermere ward is led by Bishop Heaven and he has met him too. He wants me to team up with him in b-ball today because it'll make up for me not going to Cardston earlier this year haha. Well kind of... haha. Our zone is full of lots of super sweet people, and our zone is by far the best in the mission. The Calgary East Stake and the Magrath Stake are the best areas to serve in our mission! 
    Oh yeah transfers this week were also sad though because Elder Pacheco got transferred! But the Spanish Elders in our stake are now in a 3 leg too, Elder Mateos is with Elder Bosse (Brisbane, Australia) and Elder Keck (I don't know where he is from) but they are super cool too! I've learned that transfers are very bitter sweet because it's nice meeting new people but it's also hard to let people you've enjoyed serving with go.
    In closing, I just want to thank you guys for all you have done for me. I'm very grateful for all of you and I'm grateful to continue to receive letters and emails from you. GO ZENITHS!!! Congrats on winning the preseason tourney, what's the name of the kid that moved in? He sounds like a really good athlete, always nice to receive fresh bodies for sports. 
    I love the gospel and serving a mission is exactly what the lord wanted for me, and exactly what he wants for lots of you. Don't hesitate on putting your papers in, just do it. You won't regret it.
Sincerely,
Elder Strate

No comments:

Post a Comment