Saturday 27 September 2014

1st MTC Letter

Hey everyone!
     The MTC has been so legit so far! I don't have a ton of time to write, so I'll try my best to fit everything in that I need too.
     My companion's name is Elder Haydn Felts, he's from North Logan Utah. I'm living in an apartment with 4 Elders though, Elder Barfuus (Brett's nephew from Calgary) and Elder Spiedel (He played sports for Harry Ainley), and then elder Felts and I. The 3 Canadians are all going to the same mission in Salt Lake City, but my companion is serving in Texas.
     I am the district leader for our district, they called me to do that the first night. I'm so excited for my opportunity to lead our district to immense success, or at least try too. Our Branch President's name is President Bowen, him and all his counselors served Spanish missions, all in South America though. We have 7 people in our district, us 4 Elders, and 3 Hermanas (Sisters). Our district is by far the best to say the least.
     The Spanish is coming along good so far. I'm grateful that I did language training before I came. Our teacher is Sister Boyce, she's from Indiana and served in Bolivia on her mission, she's going to BYU right now. She's super nice and a really good teacher. She speaks in Spanish about 90% of the time, so I guess you can say she's nice enough to give us the benefit of the doubt most of the time.   
     The food is decent, but nothing beats our families Southern Alberta cooking. The 3 Canadians in our district are some of the best athletes here from what I've seen, which is a good sign for our country :) . We are the 3 best volleyball and basketball players at the moment, which is legit. I've seen Kieran Bennett at the cafeteria and the gym a few times, it was kind of funny because the first person I ran into on my first trip to the cafeteria was him. It was so sweet to see him, we had a good chat. I also saw Ben Thomson this morning, he was going to do his laundry. He got his mission call to South Carolina which is super cool! I'm so excited for him! 
      I'm sorry but I forgot my camera in the apartment so I can't send pictures today again! I'm so sorry I feel really dumb but I don't have the time right now to go and get it, I really am sorry. This means next letter I have to send like 20 pictures, because it will be from the last 3 weeks :/ . The flight was good, I sat by Elder Allan F. Packer (Seventy) and his wife while we were waiting to board, they were touring the Calgary mission on my last day in Calgary! It was cool to get to know him and his wife, he personally told me I'm going to be a great missionary and that he expects me to be a leader, and if I do those things, the Lord will bless me. 
      Last thing, but I just want to say I love all of you, friends, family, EVERYONE!!! I can feel your support, and I'm grateful the Spirit is guiding me through these training sessions. I can feel your prayers and I will continue to pray for all of you. 
     God bless and remember, the Church is true!
Adios mi familias y mi amigos!
Love,
Elder Strate

No comments:

Post a Comment