Monday 14 September 2015

Wedding then baptism

     Hola
     Juan and Beatrice got baptized! It was an amazing experience, they are both very solid and I had the privilege of baptizing Juan while Elder Martinez baptized Beatriz. Lots of the members from the Branch were there and they all are awesome support for this new family. Juan also received the Aaronic Priesthood and Sunday after church so now our goal is to get him blessing the sacrament and into the temple doing baptisms! We are very excited to continue working with him, he also cut my hair this morning so he's going to try and start up his own business as a barber! We are going to get the word out, he is pretty good at cutting hair!

 
      On Saturday I was on splits with a member named Genaro Vazquez, he's our Ward Mission Leader and we went and visited some families and other people that we are working with. We put this guy named Jacinto on date for October 10th. It was a great experience, he is a newer investigator and he has a ton of potential! Sunday afternoon we also put a girl named Angela on date for September 26th, she's super ready to be baptized! 
      The Lord is blessing us so much in this area, I knew when I got here that this area was going to be the toughest area on my mission, it was a little bit dead when I got here but we have done a good job working with the members, staying obedient, and working diligently. In situations like this, that's all you can do, is stay faithful and keep working hard. I had been praying specifically for people and now we have helped those people and the Lord has revealed unto us more people to work with! I love this area, it's picking up really fast and we are always busy! I love it here!
      Seahawks lost... Dang it oh well, last year they started bad and made the Super Bowl so we will see what happens! They have a tough game next week, I personally think the Packers and Seahawks were the 2 best teams in the league last year and I'm expecting the same thing this year. We will see what happens, but it should be a good game!
     Thanks for all the letters and support! I know that God loves us and that if we show him our faith, he will give us miracles.
      Love,
      Elder Strate

No comments:

Post a Comment