Monday 28 September 2015

Transferred

     Hey everyone!
     This week was an interesting week! So we had some great lessons and found some great new investigators! Elder Martinez and I have been so blessed in this area, I'm so grateful for how much the Lord loves and blesses all of us. I feel like as a missionary I have discovered how powerful Christ is and I can see the Lord's influence in the work daily. I love this work!
      Angela got baptized! It was a fun baptism, she is the one with the black dress and white stripes in the middle of the picture.

     She was baptized by one of her friends Brandon so that was cool to see! We still have 2 other investigators on date right now for October 17th so we are helping them prepare!
     We had a really cool experience at church yesterday, so this lady showed up with her friend and asked us about being baptized because she loved her experience and church! We taught her the gospel of Jesus Christ and invited her to be baptized on October 24th and she said yes! It was an awesome experience and this is evidence to me that the Lord is always preparing people for us to teach!
      We also had a wonderful opportunity yesterday to hear Elder Whitney L. Clayton of the First Presidency of the 70.

      Him and his wife were speaking at a Spanish devotional yesterday and it went really well. He spoke about the principal foundations of our church, which all reflects back to the Restoration and the Book of Mormon. I know without a doubt that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God and the Book of Mormon is true. I know everyone can know this by acting on their faith and doing what Moroni says in Moroni 10:3-5.


        I love this work and I love this area, but sadly my time in this area has come to a close. President Spendlove called me last night and said he needed to emergency transfer me. As of today I am now serving with Elders Balledos and Gowdy in a trio! We are serving in the Pioneer YSA stake which is basically YSA around Salt Lake City. The area I'm assigned too is also English so I will get to preach the gospel in my first language for a bit! The trio will only last for a week and then I will be with Elder Gowdy because transfers are next week and Elder Balledos will be put in a different area when next week comes.
       So far my mission has been crazy! I was in Canada, Calgary East Stake with Elders Smith and Cervantes for 1 transfer, then Bountiful for 3 with Elders Berrios, Firpo, and Osborne, then I was in the Pioneer Stake with Elder Barfuss for 1 transfer, then I was in Rose Park for 3 transfers with Elder Strother and Jimenez, then Cannon Stake with Elder Martinez for 1 transfer. Now I'm changing areas again, holy freak! This will be my 6th area and my 11th and 12th companions! It's been a crazy mission, but I love it!
         Love,
            Elder Strate

Comic con was here this last weekend and we saw this minion! Pretty legit!
Also ran into Osbourne!

No comments:

Post a Comment