Monday 6 June 2016

Wedding and a baptism

     Hello!
     We had a really good week this week! We had 4 investigators at church yesterday and they are doing really good! We also taught a good amount of lessons this week. We are doing really good in our area right now!
     We went to the temple and did baptisms for the dead with some recent converts in the branch! It was an amazing experience! 


     We also had a wedding and baptism on Saturday in my last area for Julio Garcia. He and his wife Keyshla are from Puerto Rico. It was really fun to teach him because he always came into our lessons with a lot of questions. He studied the Book of Mormon a lot and always had questions for us. I know that if we diligently study the scriptures that we can find peace, joy, and comfort through them. I also know that they strengthen our knowledge and faith in Jesus Christ.

     I read the talk, "Mountains to Climb", by President Eyring from the April 2012 General Conference. It's now one of my favorite talks. I love the message it brings about trials and challenges in our lives. I know that the Lord will give us mountains to climb for our benefit. I also know that he will never give us a bigger mountain than we can handle. We must rely on the Atonement of Jesus Christ for strength in our difficult circumstances. The Lord will very rarely change our circumstances because he knows that our faith and progression will be strengthen as we rely on His son. I know that Christ lives. I know that he is our Savior and Redeemer. Through Him we may be saved and perfected. I'm so grateful for all that he has done for me. Not just for hard times, but also for the amazing experiences I have had on my mission. My mission so far has definitely been a refiners fire, and I'm so grateful for that! Please take a look at that talk. I know that no matter where you are at right now in your life that it will help you! We all have our occasional struggles, and we all need comfort. Please read it!
     I'm going to make sure and wear my Cavs shirt today for p-day. I realized that I have been jinxing them by not wearing any of their gear. Hopefully they will turn things around on Wednesday. I’m sticking with them and being optimistic. #GoCavs!
     That's about all for this week! Take care everyone!
      Love, 

        Elder Strate

No comments:

Post a Comment