Monday 20 June 2016

Missionary work = Basketball


     Hello everyone!

     This week was amazing. We had plenty of miracles and a great last week of the transfer.
 
      I'll start with the fact that we went to the temple with a recent convert from our branch! His name is Salvador Chicas. 


     We went to the Bountiful temple because they offer their services in Spanish there and he loved it! When I was talking to him afterwards he was so grateful for the temple. He told us that he is going to try and attend weekly! I am so happy for him. These last few weeks we have been going to the temple with a lot of recent converts, recently reactivated members, and so forth. It has been such a blessing for me. I know that the temples help the work of salvation on the other side of the veil, but they also provide us with strength and comfort when we need it. I know that Jesus Christ lives today and this is His church!

     We also found 6 new investigators this week! One of our investigator families, the Velasco family, had some cousins, aunts, and uncles move in with them that are not members of the church yet and they want to learn more! We also found a new family that wants us to teach them!

      The work is definitely progressing here in the Cannon Stake! I'm starting my last transfer this week. I cannot believe how fast the time has gone by. I love is work and I love the Lord so much. I'm going to work harder than ever before this transfer! I'm so grateful for the opportunity the Lord has given me to serve him 24/7 and I will not let this last transfer go to waste! I'm staying here with Elder Valladares for my last transfer, which I am pumped for! He's a good guy and we get along great!

     Have a great week! Congrats to the Cavaliers on their first NBA championship. They deserve it, LeBron has been trying for so long to bring them a title and yesterday it was accomplished. Now all the bandwagon Steph Curry and Warriors fans can go cheer for Cleveland now... Hahaha! I restate the FACT that LeBron is the best player on the planet, he has been for a while, and he will continue to be the best until he retires.
                                                      
                                                     
     Basketball is a lot like missionary work honestly. Ready for this cheesy comparison? Haha. In basketball it takes a great team effort to be the best. Everyone has to do their roles and fulfill their duties. We need to be selfless and humble as we try to help the team get better and work together. In missionary work we need to work as a team with the members of the ward. When the members of the Ward or branch (in this case) are working well together and are unified in bringing souls unto Christ, then the work becomes much easier. We can accomplish so much more together than alone. Our team leader or team captain in this game is Jesus Christ. He is our redeemer and our Savior. I know that because of His sufferings we don't have to suffer if we follow His gospel. I know that the commandments are for our benefit, to protect us and help us progress. I love God and I am so grateful for His love for me.

     Oh yeah! Btw Happy Fathers Day dad! Hahahaha you have been such a good influence to me throughout my life. Thanks for all that you do Dad, I don't want my mission to end because I love it so much but at the same time I am excited to see you in like 6 weeks. It's going to be awesome. Hopefully we will win the family softball tournament in Cardston this year! Hahahahaha  Have a great week everyone!
              Love,
                    Elder Derek Strate

No comments:

Post a Comment