Monday 28 March 2016

Breaking in a new area .... transferred

     Hey!
     Sorry, this letter will be short! I don't have much time because of transfers. I'm getting transferred on Wednesday! Total time in this area came out to about 7 months, and I loved every second of it. I'm going to miss this area so much, but I know that I am ready for a change. I have made friends here that I'm going to stay in contact with, which is great! Serving as AP and working with President everyday was very rewarding.
       I'm going to cover the Lucero Spanish Ward and part of the Arbor Spanish Branch which is like downtown and east Salt Lake City. I'm very excited to be where I am at. I only have 3 transfers left after this one ends, which means I'm probably going to finish my mission here. I have learned so much throughout my mission, and I'm excited to use all of those skills and work my very hardest right here at the end. I'm excited to go into a new area that hasn't been worked for a bit, I like jump starting dead areas. I've done it before on my mission, so I can do it again.
      I'm going back to the Spanish Program and I'm going to be a District Leader. I'm super excited to finish my mission back out in the field and in Spanish. The Lord knew that's what I need and I'm so grateful for that. I have a great companion, Elder Lemmon from Washington. He's been out about 6 months. So I'M PUMPED!!!!! I'm gonna finish my mission here.
      Elder Ohl is my replacement as AP. He's from Pennsylvania, but his mom is originally from Cardston. So it will be Elders Haight and Ohl now as APs. 
      I have tickets to every conference session on Saturday. I got tickets to the Saturday AM session from the mission but I got the rest from local members. I'm still trying to get tickets for Sunday but if I don't, that's ok. I'm super excited to go.
      We got your package, we ate dinner with President and Sister Spendlove, then we taught some lessons! It was a good Easter.
       I know Christ lives, and I'm so grateful for his Atonement. Yesterday was Easter Sunday, and it was so fitting to finish my time here testifying of the Savior and the reality of his Atonement to the members I have been serving. We have some people on date for baptism here in the YSA Ward so hopefully I will be returning to the area for some baptisms.
     Have a great week!
      Love,
         Elder Strate

No comments:

Post a Comment