Monday 21 March 2016

Birthday Surprises



Hey!
            I had a great week! We taught some wonderful lessons and found some more great people to work with. I have loved serving in this area because the members help us with finding constantly, and that makes our job a lot easier.
            My birthday was on Friday. Our mission sends out a transfer update at the start of every transfer, which includes the birthdays of all the missionaries in the mission for that transfer. As a result, everyone knew it was my birthday haha. I had a lot of cake and different treats given to me on Friday as a result. We went to a district meeting in Bountiful in the morning and one of the sisters in the district made cake, but she didn't know we were gonna come! Hahaha it was so crazy.

                The picture below shows us eating the cake after the meeting.


            That afternoon we attended a district meeting in Farmington. One of my former companions, an Elder Martinez, stood up in front of everyone and said he had an announcement. He continued to announce my birthday, so the whole zone sang for me. It was embarrassing to say the least hahaha but I know everyone had good intentions. My birthday was really sweet.
            Some missionaries made me cupcakes that say Feliz Cumpleanos Elder Strate. Feliz Cumpleanos means happy birthday in Spanish hahaha they were delicious!

            I got lots of nice cards and emails from everyone! Thank you so much! I also got a package from my parents. They sent me a ton of chocolate, like I mean a ton. Hahaha I have enough to share, so I will probably end up doing that. 
     

            My mission President and his family had me over at their house for cake on my birthday too. That was really cool and thoughtful of them. It was a nice day.
            We have transfers at the end of the month. By then I will have been in this area for 7 months.... Wow time has flown. We will see what the Lord has in store for me. I'm willing to do whatever he needs and I'm excited to see how I do these next few months.

            Have a great week! I know that Christ lives and loves each and every one of us.

            Love,
                  Elder Strate

No comments:

Post a Comment