Monday 27 April 2015

Loving the new area

Hey everyone!
     My first week in Rose Park was amazing! I love this new area and there is a lot of work to be done here. Elder Strother is my new companion, he is freaking tall! He's 6'8, the tallest missionary in the mission. We also figured out that we are the tallest companionship in the mission, his 6'8 height plus my 6'3 height adds up. I think we will be intimidating Hispanics into baptism because we are so much bigger than most of them LOL!
     We have a bunch of duties as zone leaders, and honestly I still don't know all of them yet as I am still adjusting to the new calling. We take baptismal records to the mission office today after emailing, we pick up mail every Thursday and hand it out at district/zone meetings on Friday. We do trainings in meetings for other missionaries, which I love. I love being able to help and serve others, it's a great blessing. In this zone there are only two sets of missionaries that have a car, and we actually drive a mini van around it's kinda funny haha. We give lots of other missionaries rides and stuff like that. All and all we just are here as zone leaders to help other people out, and to help everyone to be better missionaries. I was looking at the transfer board the other day and I'm one of the youngest zone leaders in the mission, and one of the youngest leaders in the whole mission in general (district leaders, zone leaders, trainers, assistants, and sister training leaders)
I have a great opportunity and it's been awesome.
      We had a baptism too! David Hernandez was baptized and it was an awesome experience! He was very prepared by the Lord and it was a great experience to work with him. Now we are trying to help him receive the priesthood and get to the temple for some baptisms. I love missionary work, it is amazing.
     
     We also had a Spanish Fireside yesterday for our mission. Elder Don R. Clarke of the 70 came and spoke to the Spanish community. He served his mission in Argentina so he speaks very very good Spanish. He has traveled to many different Spanish countries all over the world, it was amazing to hear his experiences. I saw some members from my last 2 areas too! I got to see Nicole again, who I baptized in Bountiful. 
 
     It was awesome to see all of those people again, it was also awesome to see lot's of missionaries again!
     I love the mission, it is incredible and I can't wait to continue serving the Lord! 
     Got this from from President - "Be sure and let your families and friends know that we've launched a new Facebook group that they can join to post on and follow the happenings of the great Utah Salt Lake City mission. It's called "USLCM - Spendlove".
            Love,
                Elder Strate

No comments:

Post a Comment