Monday 6 April 2015

Conference

Hey everyone!
     Conference was spectacular! I loved all of the talks and they all have had an influence on my life. I'm so grateful that we have living Prophets and Apostles today that speak for God in this increasingly wicked world. I know that if we apply the teachings we received from them, we will be blessed and comforted by the love of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
      I didn't get to go to temple square or conference at all. Our stake didn't have any tickets and we aren't supposed to beg or solicit tickets as missionaries, so we just listened to/watched conference with members or in our apartment on the radio. Sad I know, but at least I still have 2 more conferences on my mission!
     I loved many of the talks, but I think the one that stuck out to me the most was the one by President Dieter F. Uchtdorf in the Sunday Morning Session. Check it out when you have time, I loved that talk so much!
     Recently I have been thinking about how we can help our investigators receive the blessings from baptism and conformation quicker, but without rushing/pushing them to the font. After conference I have realized this is the answer, at least for me, and I know this can apply to everyone's lives. It's really simple, are you ready? haha it's the fact we need to love God and Jesus Christ. They both love us infinitely, so we should try to love them as much as we can. They have given us everything, there is so much to be grateful for. If we will just be humble, submit our will to God's, and love him with all our heart, might, mind, and strength, everything else in the gospel will follow. I know this to be true, and I know if my investigators will try to love God, they will feel his indescribable love back to us, and they will want to do anything that we invite them to do.
Just an interesting thought that I received during this conference.
     We have 2 people on date for baptism for May 2nd. We have like 9 investigators that could be baptized at any time, they all just have a few problems they need to work out such as church attendance, smoking, marriage, stuff like that before they can be baptized. It's been a little frustrating, but once those problems are taken care of this area will explode with baptisms. I also had my interview with president Spendlove last week, he's such a cool guy. Him and President Hansen are way different, but they are both amazing men.
      Love you all and take care,
      Love,
      Elder Strate

No comments:

Post a Comment