Monday 23 May 2016

Trusting in the Lord


Hello!
            This week was awesome! We picked up 3 more new investigators this week! We have been focusing most of our efforts to finding and we have seen miracles as a result! We have been street contacting a ton of people. I love street contacting because it allows me to test the Lord and see if his promises are always fulfilled. Let me explain.
            In Doctrine and Covenants 33:8-10 it read; 8 Open your mouths and they shall be filled, and you shall become even as Nephi of old, who journeyed from Jerusalem in the wilderness. 9 Yea, open your mouths and spare not, and you shall be laden with sheaves upon your backs, for lo, I am with you. 10 Yea, open your mouths and they shall be filled, saying: Repent, repent, and prepare ye the way of the Lord, and make his paths straight; for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.
            The Lord promises us that as we open our mouths proclaiming His gospel that we shall become as Nephi of old, so in my opinion I imagine that as having no fear, we shall be laden with sheaves (or converts), and finally that our mouths will be filled with what to say and how to say it. I am being obedient and I am confident and have faith in the Lord that he will send the Holy Ghost to accompany us as we do this marvelous work. I saw time and time again throughout the week that as I simply tried to talk to people that they would open up to us. As we listened we could discern or identify a key aspect of the gospel that they needed in their life based off of what they said. It was a promise filled week for me! I know that as we continue trying our best and do the work the same way that the Savior would do if he was here that we will see softened hearts and sincere conversion. I love the Lord!! :)
            We also had some amazing lessons with our investigators. We are teaching a family that has been struggling with reading the Book of Mormon. This week we decided to read it with them as part of our lesson. We also noticed that they might be holding back on being baptized because of pressure from the rest of their family. We read the story of Alma, when he was one of King Noah's high priests. We talked about how he heard the prophet Abinadi testify and was converted by his words. He was the only one who had a sincere heart and was converted by what he heard. We talked about how he ran away and how the Lord protected him from the wicked armies of King Noah. We figured it was a good example from the Book of Mormon regarding how we should always put God first. They really enjoyed the lesson and felt like it was perfect for them. Right now they are praying to ask God if they should get baptized and if he will protect them for their desire to change. We will see what happens this week!
            I'm so grateful for God and how much he loves all of us! I know that Christ lives today and he is our Savior and redeemer. He suffered pains and afflictions of all kind so we don't have too. I know that His grace is sufficient. I know that he is the only way to salvation.
            Have a great week!
                                                Love,
                                                            Elder Strate

            Hahaha that's one huge sandwich!




No comments:

Post a Comment