Monday 14 December 2015

Two in line to join the church

     Hey everyone!
     This week was good! We had a much better week in terms of lessons this week. We also have 2 people on date for baptism right now! Shafiq is one, he;s originally from Pakistan but he declares himself American. He's doing great and he wants to be Mormon, we're just working with him on some Word of Wisdom issues right now. We also have Mayra who is on date too! She has some doubts but she has come to church and felt the spirit there. She admits to us that she feels the spirit when she reads, prays, and comes to church. I know that if she continues doing those 3 things she will have everlasting conversion. They're both doing well and we will continue working with them throughout the week.
      I went on some exchanges this week too. It felt nice to go back to a Spanish area for a day, don't worry my Spanish is fine haha I can still speak and understand fluently. The week has gone by really quick, and Christmas is right around the corner! Freak, it's so crazy how fast time flies by! I love serving the Lord, its been such a blessing for me! I know that as I continue to serve the Lord with all of my heart, might, mind, and strength that I will see miracles in his work. I'm so grateful for the people that we are teaching and I've been very blessed this Christmas season! 
      Yesterday most of the wards we cover did their Christmas Programs, and they were all excellent. I love the spirit that Christmas music brings into our lives, I think the music is a big reason that people are so much nicer during this time of year. Hopefully we will be doing some caroling and service for people these next few weeks, we're trying to get our wards and other missionaries involved in that so it should be fun! :)
         In the new Christmas video, "A Savior is Born", I love the part when the kids say; "And they shall call his name Emmanuel, God with us." Throughout the scriptures whenever the name Emmanuel is used, it refers to the prophesy of Christ coming to minister among the Jews. The name Emmanuel can be applied to us directly today. Jesus Christ's Atonement makes it possible for him to be with us forever. 
         I know he lives as a resurrected and glorified being, and if we are worthy of him he will be with us through the Holy Ghost. Plus, he is coming again one day, and so he will be literally with us one day as well, so the name Emmanuel as used in the prophesies of Christ coming again are very applicable to us in this day and age. I know if we live this gospel daily and continuously become converted, we will be prepared for his coming. I love Christ so much, he has changed me so much out here. I'm eternally grateful to him for his Atonement and the church he has reestablished through the Prophet Joseph Smith.
        I hope you all have a great week!
          Love,
              Elder Strate 

No comments:

Post a Comment